June 13, 2012

I joined...


I joined the movement.

I have been pretty unhappy with the way my clothes fit in the last year or so.  I don’t enjoy shopping like I used to and I usually leave the stores empty handed.  I felt healthy when I got home from Fiji and traveling abroad.  Then I went to boot camp and really lost some weight.  I came home fitting into a size 6 pant which I hadn’t done in a very long time.  I’ve had my ups and downs.  I’m more of a yo-yo exercising than a yo-yo dieter.  I get into a mindset and run all the time and then I just stop and don’t run for weeks at a time. 

I haven’t tried a real diet in a long time because I like to focus on changing my eating habits and not following an actual diet.  At the beginning of the year, Matt and I tried the Paleo diet for a week.  It was too expensive and too much meat for me.  I missed fruits and dairy which were not allowed on that plan.  Matt and I ran a half marathon at the end of April.  I wasn’t in shape as much as I had hoped for that but we still finished in a reasonable amount of time.  Running a half marathon is liberating, I recommend it to anyone that doesn’t think it’s possible.  It is possible.  I just signed up for another half marathon in November.  Of course, the race is much easier with Matt by my side.  He is such great motivation.

I joined Weight Watchers on Monday.  I feel like a cliché and I might turn into one but I’m willing to try.  I need structure in my life; I love to plan everything out.  Weight Watchers seemed to fit my organized needs.  I have an Iphone so the WW apps are my new best friend.  My favorite thing is that most fruits and vegetables are zero points. 

I stepped on the scale and it read 161.4 pounds.  I put in my stats (age, height, weight) on the WW website and the screen told me I could have 26 points a day and 49 (extra) points per week.  26 didn’t seem like much when I started figuring out what I ate for breakfast.  I had to wrap my mind around portions and what I could eat now.

Yesterday was my 2nd day and so far, I like it.  I am slightly hungry, especially at night when we are watching tv and I would normally snack.  I supplement with some plain black tea and am quite alright.  Matt is being a great sport and eating the lower portion/lower fat meals with me for dinner.  I hope to keep up to date on my blog, I’ve really slacked on my blog lately and I want to log my journey for the next 3 months on this new adventure.  I hope you will join me.


Here’s a run down of my meals:

Monday         
                                                                                        
Breakfast
·         ½ cup Fresh blueberries
·         ½ cup Greek yogurt
·         1 cup Coffee with ¼ cup 2% milk
·         1 slice sprouted rye bread with caraway seeds
·         1 TB Organic coconut flakes (toasted under the broiler, yum)
·         Black tea
Lunch
·         2 cups salad greens with 2 ounces each turkey and ham
·         1 cup sprouts, ¼ cup red onions
·         1 TB vinaigrette, 1 ounce swiss cheese
·         2 strawberries
Dinner
·         1 cup yellow rice
·         Baked panko crusted swai fillet
·         Sautéed kale with garlic and onions
Extras
·         1 cup chocolate protein shake

Tuesday

Breakfast
·         ½ fresh organic raspberries
·         1 cup 2% organic milk
·         1 cup peanut butter balls cereal
·         Black coffee
Lunch
·         2 ounces each turkey and ham
·         1 ounce lemon hummus
·         ½ whole wheat tortilla
·         1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese
·         1 apricot
Dinner
·         2/3 cup yellow rice
·         Grilled chicken with pineapple, red pepper, cilantro and green onions
Extras
·         1 cup cantaloupe
·         ½ cup Trader Joes salsa verde
·         16 baked Tostitos scoops
·         Black tea with fresh ginger
·         8 fat free Ruffles





No comments:

Post a Comment