June 19, 2012

Four!

I weighed myself today and came in at 157.4.  That is four pounds lost!  I can't believe that I have lost that much.  I am really excited.  I did wear a smaller size pant to work today but it is still really tight.  I was thinking positive this morning.  A little too positive.

I have so much to share since I posted on Friday.  For one, I made it through the weekend and it wasn't as bad as I thought.  As I peered into the future at the beginning of the week I could only think about what I couldn't eat and where I couldn't go.  I changed my perspective on that and decided I can eat things I want, I just need to eat smaller portions.

My food scale has helped tremendously.  I use it to measure hummus, ground beef, shrimp.  It's been a great help.  I would recommend gettings one if you want to try WW.  I got this one for Christmas and I think my mom bought it at TJ Maxx.  You can find them just about anywhere.



Saturday, I even got to eat pizza, I just ate some without meat and I ate less.  This girl can put some pizza away but I ate about half of that.  It wasn't the end of the world, I just drank lots of water and ate very slowly.  Matt can attest, I do not eat slow.  I shove my food in and eat about 2 times faster than him in most instances.

On Sunday is when I used my WWPlus Points.  I was really excited to use them, I had about 14 points in additional to my daily points (26) to use.  Our family had planned a lunch at my grandfather's house of fried chicken, creamed corn, green beans, mashed potatoes, rolls, ice cream cake, and cheesecake.  On top of that, my Papaw suprised me with chicken livers.  His fried chicken livers are on one of my favorite foods he makes.  I know most of you are probably making the yuck face right about now.

Here's the breakdown of lunch that I had:

  • 1 chicken drumstick, with skin (5)
  • 1 chicken drumstick, without skin (2)
  • 2 chicken livers (2)
  • 1 cup mashed potatoes (4)
  • 1 cup cream corn (5)
  • 1/2 cup green beans (1)
  • 1/3 slice of no bake cheesecake with cherry topping (2)
  • 1 sliver ice cream cake (2)
  • 1 Ale8-1 drink (3)
For a whopping total of 26 points.  Shew.  Let me tell ya, it was worth it.  I was full for most of the day/evening.  For dinner, I made myself a veggie/fruit smoothie and didn't use any points for that.  Recipe to come!

I made this on Monday night and I LOVED it.  You can find the recipe via the link below.





I found it in Good Housekeeping and then converted the recipe on the WW website.  It was only 9 points for the serving and it really filled me up.  I would alter the recipe and try brown rice instead of the barley.  I cooked the heck out of the barley and it was still very chewy.  I also did not have a red pepper and substituted banana peppers from my Papaw's garden.  It went perfect and made it slightly spicy.

Has anyone else started a new eating regime?  Interested in joining WW?  I really encourage you to try it out.  Send me any questions you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment