- 1/3 cup warm water
- 3 TB agave nector (or honey)
- 3 TB chili garlic sauce
- 1 TB soy sauce
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 12 ounces fresh tofu
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package thin brown rice noodles
- 1 medium-size cucumber, in thinly sliced half-moons
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 4 ounces string beans, slices into 1-inch pieces (optional)
- 2 cups mixed greens
- ¼ cup thinly sliced mint leaves
- ¼ cup peanuts, chopped really well
Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing, then set aside. Slice the tofu into eight equal pieces widthwise. Place in a single layer on a large plate and pour 6 TB of the dressing over the slices. Add 2 TB more of soy sauce if desired. Let marinate for as long as you are filling to wait, flipping occasionally while you prepare everything else.
Cook the rice noodles according to the package directions. Once cooked, drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside to drain while you finish prepping everything else.
Mix the vegetables, greens, and the mint leaves into the noodles with your fingers, then mix the dressing. Refrigerate while you are preparing the rest. Now grill the tofu. Preheat the grill over medium high heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray and grill the tofu on both sides for 4 minutes. If there is any marinate left pour into the noodles as well. Divvy out portions of the noodle salad and top with the tofu and chopped peanuts.
This recipe is from: Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz