This recipe can be eaten as a meal or served as a side. I ate two huge bowls after I made it and then another the next day and by then I was tired of it. I am not a fan of leftovers. I modified this recipe slightly, I didn't use the blue potatoes because my grocery store didn't have them so I used yukon baby golds. I also used fresh corn but canned or frozen could be subbed in. If you don't like it too spicy, don't use any of the seeds in the peppers.
- 3 TB red wine vinegar
- 2 canned chipotles, seeded and mashed into a paste
- 2 TB adobo sauce from chipotle can
- 1 tsp light agave nectar (or honey)
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil
- 2 TB water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic, finely grated
3 ears corn, shucked
2 pounds baby potatoes
- 16 ounce can of pinto beans, rinsed
- 2 TB red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Steam the corn for 5 minutes and then steam the potatoes until just soft enough when pierced with a fork. When the corn has cooled, cut the kernels from the cob. Mix the dressing ingredients together. Put the corn, potatoes, onion and beans in a mixing bowl and pour the dressing on top. Fold the dressing into the salad then top with the cilantro. Chill until ready to serve.