July 28, 2011

Vegan - Week Two









I stopped writing down my food diary. I always do that. I get all into it and motivated and then a few days in I just forget and then as more days pass I just can’t remember all of the food that was crammed into my mouth. At times, I feel like I am eating more than usual on this vegan plan and other times I don’t. I am definitely enjoying more than I thought. Plus, I like that Oreo’s are vegan. I am eating things that I normally wouldn’t eat just because they are “vegan”.

There are so many options and cookbooks and blogs that give great recipes. My roommate has a vegan cookbook called Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and I highly recommend it. We made a recipe on Tuesday night with roasted broccoli, chickpeas, and garlic. Then we added brown rice. So good! There's recipes for buffalo tempeh and cheese sauce. My bestie, Sarah sent me a link to a fun blog called http://peasandthankyou.com/ which was adorable and had a great selection of vegan recipes.

Well, I cheated last night. And when I say cheated, I mean I went all out. The toughest thing about this diet has been dining out. I don’t eat out that often but once a week or so during lunch at work I like to grab fast food and on the weekends Matt and I like to go to a sit-down restaurant. That has proven difficult for me unless I want to eat Chipotle a million times. I worked a different shift yesterday and got off at 7 which in turn just made me not want to cook and start thinking about going out. I also had made Matt some non-vegan chocolate chip cookies and had a bite of cookie dough. Big mistake…I was like WOW! That was so good. Anyway, I cheated and I don’t want to go into details because I already beat myself up enough already and kept talking about it all night to Matt. I guess that just makes me human. I’m back on the vegan trail for now and plan to continue for the remaining 19 days.

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up. I hadn't eaten red meat in like 10 years but the first time Victor made bacon at home, I just couldn't help myself, I had to have a bite. And I'm really embarrassed to admit that it has spiraled out of control. But just with bacon, no other red meats, which is so hypocritical. But you're right, we're just human.

    ReplyDelete