September 28, 2010

Garbage Bowl Salad




When I haven’t thought about what to make for my lunch; I throw together whatever I have in my kitchen. I absolutely love sweet potatoes. I have just about converted from regular potatoes to sweet. If you haven’t you should try it. With this salad, I didn’t have any lettuce at home, so I bought some from the cafeteria at work and added it to my salad.

Roasted Sweet Potato, Pepper, and Black Bean Salad

1 roasted sweet potato, cubed
½ cup black beans, rinsed
¼ cup red onions, diced
½ cup grilled eggplant, diced
1 cup romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
1 cup spinach

Vinaigrette
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper

Pour into Mason jar and shake.

Toss together all the ingredients, add the vinaigrette and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment