February 2, 2012

House hunting ventures


Kappa Alpha Psi Founder's Day banquet



It is quite ridiculous that I haven’t posted on my blog in 3 months.  I apologize because it’s exactly what I didn’t intend but on the other hand, I wasn’t making much of an effort to keep it going.  I have been cooking regardless but nothing too fun to write about.  What has been keeping me busy is I’ve been going through the process of purchasing a house. That not only takes up my time after work when I would love to write my blog but it takes up most of my brain cells from the stress.  Ohhhhh stress, how I have not missed you.

Matt and I both decided that after my lease was up in my apartment in March that we would get a place together and as the time crept up on us we started to think that purchasing a home instead of renting might be the best idea.  That got my wheels going and I started to talk to my friends that owned homes and I went to the library to borrow “Home Buying for Dummies”.  I contacted several mortage lenders to see if I qualified for a loan.  (Yes I did, YAY!) and then started searching in Lexington for my dream starter home.  I found a Realtor that seemed to be nice enough and I ran with it.  Matt and I spend several weekends looking at houses that I found in our price range with our requirements: Three bedrooms and 2 full baths.  I had to have room for future babies…  Lexington is on the expensive side of houses in Kentucky unfortunately but I was happy with most of what we found.

We found a house that we loved.  You can googlemap it is you like: 3405 Woodspring Dr, Lexington, KY 40515.  I told the Realtor I was ready to put an offer in after looking at it twice and that’s where the fun began.  Did I say fun?  I meant not-fun.  Between the seller, the loan people, the realtor, it was a long January.  The seller is trying to get the most for his money, I’m trying to get the most for my money and it’s hard to meet in the middle.  We’re getting there, I think.  I am flabbergasted over some things that have happened such as my realtor giving me wrong information and not knowing information that I ask that I thought a realtor that’s been in the business for 10 years would know.  But, it’s been a great learning experience and if everything goes as planned, I will be closing at the end of February.  If this falls through, I know I will be upset and it will probably take me a few weeks to get motivated again, but let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

Do you have any fun house stories you'd like to share?  Anything that would be good to know before I close?


Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment