March 16, 2011

Regatta's













Have you ever eaten at Regatta’s in Lexington Green? I purchased a Groupon to Regatta’s last week. I’ve always wanted to go but never had, so this was a good opportunity. The place was dead by the time we arrived at 9:30PM which is our typical eating time when we go out to eat. The waiter, Jason, was pleasant and let us know that all of the seafood is flown in fresh daily. I quickly ordered the raw oysters. It’s been forever since I had them and they were delicious. For the entree, I ordered the Maryland crab cakes and Matt ordered shrimp scampi. The crab cakes were so-so. Nothing to go crazy about. They had a nice dipping sauce that was sweet and sour. There were also fried green tomatoes on the bottom but they were tart and I didn’t enjoy eating them. The shrimp scampi on the other hand was delicious. It was cooked to perfection. It was probably the best shrimp I have ever tasted at a restaurant. Matt quickly ate it up along with his tree-sized broccoli stem. I would definitely go back to Regatta's. There were many things on the menu that I would like to try. When it's warm, they have a nice patio and view of the pond at Lexington Green.



On a more sad note, I will not be continuing my culinary education after this month. I have loved my nutrition class but unfortunately Sullivan was not honest with me when I enrolled about tuition costs and I just can't afford to go right now. I am going to just move it to the back burner for now and hopefully will get back to it one day. In the meantime, I want to focus back on my blog and try to keep up with it more.



To end on a happy note, I have moved apartments and will have a new roommate in April, Lindsay Bruner. We worked together at Winn Dixie/EW James for 5 years and she's moving back to Lexington. I'm so excited to live together because I know we will have a blast cooking. Also, she's a great photographer, so now I have my own personal food stylist for my blog. (Thanks ahead of time, Lindsay!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment