February 23, 2011

Healthy Cinnamon Granola

I love making my own granola, it's quick and it tastes so much better than store bought cereal. Plus, I can make it low fat and I know what ingredients are going into it. It only takes 10 minutes of prep work and you can do always do other things while it is baking.
I eat this with milk, pour it over yogurt, and even zap it in the microwave with some water or milk and make granola oatmeal. Enjoy!


Healthy Cinnamon Granola

  • 4 cups rolled organic oats
  • 3 teaspoons organic cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup almonds, chopped
  • 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
  • 1/3 cup ground organic flax seed
  • 5 tablespoons organic maple syrup
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/3 cup water
Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately then mix together. Preheat an oven to 300 degrees. Pour the granola mixture on a cookie sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for 45 minutes, making sure to mix the granola around every 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment